Thursday, April 26, 2012

When things happen.....

Oh yes things happen and I suppose I could use an expletive word here but I won't.
My son with his love of games on the internet unitentionally downloaded a virus and as much as I can say that I have my computer back, I have lost EVERYTHING.
Thank goodness I had the brains to backup my work, however in saying that, the last three months I became complacent and all that I have done in that time is lot.

You don't realise how much you do til it is lost. I did a lot, a book that I had almost completed is now back to the drawing stage, I hang my head in shame that I did not backup. Out of all this I have learnt a very crucial point. BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP!

That was all I really wanted to say today, I must get back to writing to try and recoup what I have lost, perhaps it will be better than before. :)

Til next time

Happy Reading

Valissa

2 comments:

  1. Owww dudette, that is harsh. I use a back-up program that backs up daily, and make copies I store somewhere else (I copy home files to my work computer and visa-versa). Your drive might be recoverable though, there are companies that rescue data, just search locally for "hard drive data recovery". It may not all be lost, the "file tab" may be just missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you very much for your optimism but I had it looked at and I am sorry to say but it was all gone.
    Very expensive lesson learnt, but still learnt.
    After I had lost everything I was telling my local writers group and a few friends about what happened (as you do) I learnt about off site data storage such as 'I cloud' there are a few out there.

    I want to thank you for taking the time to come by and visit and offer some valuable advice, thank you. XO

    ReplyDelete