Thursday, February 23, 2012

Small Steps


Today I took some small steps in grounding myself as a professional author.

Some of you may find it surprising to find, that, I find it difficult to consider myself an author and that everyday I have to remind myself. 'This is what I am, what I want to be and the achievements that I want to make whilst on this earthly plane of existance.'

I was talking to a lady today about how insecure I am about myself and my work and she was surprised as I come off as being, a very secure and self confident person, (OMG those drama lessons worked!) It comes down to how you portray yourself, and with all of my insecurities, I try to not let them show. (Oh they're there, lurking, hiding, waiting for any opportunity to pounce.)

Funny that we should have talked about self-confidence, because I watched the Kings Speech today and King GeorgeVI had insecurities of his own and he was a king.
(I loved this movie by the way, very enriching) ~ well for me it was. (I do not own the title or claim the rights to this picture)

So to get back to my small steps.

The last couple of weeks I have been slowly working at getting Becky my next novel to be published and have been also trying to get my previous novel Hart 2 Heart onto both Amazon and Barnes and Noble, the online bookstores.
Which I can proudly say is now online for you to purchase. (a little self plug there) details to purchase are available on my website. http://www.valissaenever.com.au


I have also been working on the next book in the series of Crystal Hart which is coming along nicely after I had deleted five or six chapters worth of text, only to have to rehash at it, which is harder to redo than I thought. But all the same I am excited at how the book is coming along and if you enjoyed Hart 2 Heart, this is a doozy.

In the next few days or early next week I should have a copy of the final artwork of the cover of my next book Becky, fingers crossed. While you are waiting you can look at my website where I have posted a preview of the not final cover.

Well till I have more to say.

Happy Reading
Valissa

2 comments: