Sunday, July 14, 2013

School Holidays

The school holidays are here.
(Well actually they have been and gone)

And this is where I usually cringe. The boys get bored. They want to do things that usually cost me a fortune. Of course this holiday is no different. But I thought that I would plan ahead on this one and have hopefully fun, interesting and random things to do.

Pinterest helped, (LOVE PINTEREST) thank you for saving my sanity.

I got a heap of ideas and when it came to doing something random although it was random I had the idea to start with. Having the idea I flew with it when I woke up.

So here's a few of the things that we have done.

Mentos in a bottle. (Boys love this stuff)
We each had a bottle. I went first, as this was the first time I had done anything like this, I wasn't sure if it would work (it did).
So I was first up, the boys loved it, they thought it was a great hoot that for something so small into a bottle of coke it could explode, and then of course they both had a go at it with their own bottle. Afterwards we enjoyed eating the leftover Mentos.


 






We went for a walk along some wetlands whilst visiting my Dad in Numurkah (killed a few good hours). Got some great ideas for Book three in the Crystal Hart series.







We went to the movies (ok this cost me $$$$) but I was okay with that.
The boys wanted to see Man of Steel, I wasn't comfortable with that, so Despicable Me2 it was. Funny movie.



We had a stay in movie day. This was fun, the boys loved it. Loads of homemade popcorn.


Whilst visiting a friend, they pronounced that they had a visitor in the house for the holidays, Okay cool.
Jnr friend then went onto explain that it was a snake. Son 1, got really excited and wanted to see it, what they failed to mention was that it was an eight foot python. Great!
(I have to admit it was pretty cool.)
I stayed my distance.



The local shopping centre had a day where they could build Lego. Perfect for Son no.2

Great time killer.





 
 
 
 
Daniel and I took some selfies with Daisy our cat. This wasn't a great picture but funnily enough it was the best picture. Love my cat.









Well for a winter holiday we really didn't do much, but it was nice to spend time with the boys.

And so they go back to school and I go back to writing.

til next time
Happy Reading
Valissa

No comments:

Post a Comment