Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Trying to get back into it.

Since my last post things have been scrambled.

My son (I do love him) downloaded a virus that wiped my entire computer, I lost everything including all the work I had done, all of my programs, the lot.

Did I mentioned that he is still alive and that I love him (moment of madness).

So instead of writing, I have been trying to get my computer back to where it should be or where I would like it to be.  I must have some brains as I have the most of my work saved on disk and USB which were in storage an hour from my home, so I drive down there retreive them and I was happy that I had the back up, but the next book in the Crystal Hart series I lost almost three months work as I had not updated the USB.

I have to say I am very disheartened at this as it was almost ready to go the the editor, now I'm not even sure if I want to pursue it, the only thing that keeps me going is the people who have read it want to know what happens next. I still haven't written anything more.

I am involved and run the local writer's group and I am helping another writer Kitty Jardin publish her first novel and it looks like I may have another two that I will be helping and publishing through my publishing arm, DARE Publishing. It feels good to help someone and this feels a lot better than the wallowing of pity that I was almost drowning in with the loss of my Hart Series follow up.

So that is where I am at, a bit of a dramatic turn of events since my last post but perhaps in a way it is good, I am sure the universe knows which way it is guiding me.

Til next time

Happy Reading
Valissa

No comments:

Post a Comment