Sunday, November 6, 2011

Book Launch


On Saturday I went along to the Little Bookroom in Carlton to attend the Book Launch of Squish Rabbit by Katherine Battersby.
Katherine is a children's author and I admire children's authors because while it might seem easy to write a book for children it's not as easy as it seems. Katherine is a very talented lady who not only wrote the book but illustrated it as well and for those of us who can't draw another feather to her talented cap.

You can follow and read about her more at her website. http://katherinebattersby.com

The book launch officially opened in Brisbane but I attended the launch in Melbourne where I was delighted to hear the story of little Squish, its a lovely story and one my eight year old son read as soon as he got home and then asked me to read it to him when he went to bed.

I had a delightful day which I had an added bonus of getting to meet the lovely Wendy Orr the author of Nim's Island among other stories she has written.


A lovely day I had and even my husband who I dragged along enjoyed himself, where we all bought a book and I had the pleasure of meeting some of Australia's fabulous authors. Looking forward to more of Squish's adventures.

Til next time

Happy Reading

Valissa

No comments:

Post a Comment