Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Motivated by Spring

Its amazing what spring does when it arrives and yes I know that while the calendar says that spring is not here yet nature obviously isn’t aware, the days have been gloriously sunny while the nights are quite cool.
What I’m talking about is the spring clean and getting into the garden and I can only speak for myself when I say that over winter I hibernated curled up inside with the computer or a good book and a cup of coffee but when the sun shines for days on end I tend to venture outside and marvel at the disrepair that my garden has become with the overgrown weeds, the dead plants, may they rest in peace and the hanging pots outside on my verandah that once had glorious colour emanating from them are now bare with soil their only companion.

So the weekend or Sunday mainly, Saturday was filled with running around and playing taxi for the day, I venture firstly out onto the verandah and looked at the bistro blind that had been purchased some time ago and asked hubby to put it up, which of course started a chain reaction, the corner of the verandah that over time collected old pots, dust, leaves and cobwebs required to be cleaned up so that he would have access to the spot that I wanted the blind put up.
I started reorganising and shifting things for room, the poor straggly palm that was so neglected over winter it almost died, shame on me, the mini wheelbarrow made by my husbands uncle, and an old rickety chair, but I fell in love all over again with the chair.

Of course there is a story with this chair, every now and then the local council holds a curbside collection and I was talking to my neighbour who was loading up the trailer with stuff and junk and a cane chair.
“Are you moving?” I asked
“No just taking this lot out for hard rubbish."
“Really, that chair?”
“Did you want it?” they replied
“Well if you are only going to throw it out.”

And so the chair became a part of the family and I fell in love with it.
Granted it was a little worse for wear but with a little TLC I thought that it would come up a gem.

And so it sat in the corner on the verandah waiting for yours truly to give it that TLC it desperately needed, around it and under it gathered all those above that I spoke of and on Sunday I renewed my vigor to clean it up and have it looking hopefully next to new.

As I didn’t have the tools on Sunday that I needed to begin that task, (I wonder how long it will be before I complete that task) I thought I would finish the project that I started a year ago of laying pavers in a little area of my garden that soaks up beautiful afternoon sun.

I am pleased to report that I did indeed finish the paving and then the mind starts ticking over with the other things that can be done now that one area of an ugly part of the garden has been beautified.
Words from my husband “You’re dangerous when you come outside, I think you better go back in.” Ha Ha, no chance.

Well it was a good weekend and very productive. I wrote a lot, read a lot, did my family deed for all and finished my paving project, but sadly the housework became neglected, any one willing to come on by to clean my house???


Til next time
Happy Reading
Valissa

Ps. Will keep you updated on the chair project.

P.P.S I tried to post the photo's but because I didn't up load them onto my USB stick I couldn't show you, perhaps tomorrow.

Aargh! when am I going to get this internet, it's driving me nuts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment