Thursday, August 4, 2011

Technology

Since my last blog my internet failed and then my computer decided it had come to the end of its life.

Argh!! Viruses had infected my computer, what was a person to do?

First was sheer panic and then I went through withdrawal symptoms I couldnt write, I couldn't look at facebook and couldnt blog.

I had committed myself to this blog and then it all went south I was right into writing a new story and then it all crashed.

Two weeks it took for the computer man to tell me that my computer was heavily infected and the hard drive was on the way out. Disaster!

Buying a new computer I thought my problems were over but not being technologically savvy I am yet to hook it up to the internet having to get a new provider is like a nightmare.

Two days I spent trying to retrieve data from the old computer including photos and all of my work. I now (thank goodness) have my photos and stories and am now sitting at the local library using their internet to blog. Ah if I had of thought of it earlier I wouldnt have gone through so much withdrawal pain.

Isnt it awful that we rely so heavily on computers and technology, of course it has taught me one thing. BACK UP!!!!!

So thank goodness for the local library, what a godsend!

On a bright note I have a new computer and I will be back on track shortly what a learning curb.

These things are sent to try us.

Til the next time

Happy Reading
Valissa

No comments:

Post a Comment