Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Chair



Yesterday I wrote about the chair that was being thrown out that I managed to keep.

I am somehow very attached to it, kind of like it’s a pet, I did mention that it had become a part of the family but I doubt that hubby and the kids feel the same way, it is after all just a chair.


I wanted to show you the photos of the beautiful chair, (well I think it’s lovely)and with thanks to technology and the fact that I have to drive a good fifteen minutes to the library book in on the computer just to access the internet I wasn’t able to upload the pictures yesterday.


Tadah!


I think the reason I like it so much is maybe more the potential that it has, it would have been a gorgeous chair in its day, gee I’m making it sound old I hope it doesn’t get a complex, now I’m being ridiculous, a chair with a complex. Let’s Stop before I embarrass myself.


I’ve had the chair a while now and I would say it is close to probably two years now since I salvaged it from the rubbish collection and I guess I have been scared because it is such a beautiful chair that I don’t want to destroy it, problem is I don’t know how to restore it, normally one would sand it back and give it a coat of varnish but the detail on it concerns me and I wonder if I am out of my depth, another is if it’s an antique (I doubt it is) that if I do anything to it that I destroy its authenticity.


Note the detail on the leg.


So at some stage when I gather up the courage and time I will give my hand a go at polishing the chair up – wish me luck!


I’m going home to write now and perhaps do some washing and give the floors a vac, and of course let’s not neglect the dishes.



Til next time



Happy Reading
Valissa

No comments:

Post a Comment