Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Are you conceited?

It's fascinating, the time that we live in.
These days the most of us want to be heard and for the most part we advertise ourselves.
Oh I know what you are thinking. I am not that conceited.
Let me ask you a few questions?
Do you have a blog? If so why?
Do you have a website? why?
Do you have a facebook page? Are you on facebook?
Do you have a twitter account?
Are you associated with any social sites at all?
I can say yes to a few of the above. Conceited? Maybe! But then I have already agreed to myself to blown my own trumpet in an effort to get myself out there. To be known as an author.
I want people to know who I am, and I want people to read and enjoy my books. Do I want fame? Hmmm I'm not sure about that, I certainly want to be a successful author.
I have bought this up because one of my inspirational people I strive toward and get inspiration from is Colleen McCullough and she doesnt have a website, nor does she have a twitter account nor does she have a blog. Her writing is done from a typewriter not a computer, her typewriter has only just become an electric one and she hates it.
I think it is fascinating how far we have come in the technological age where we use gadgets gizmos and technology to spread our word rather than word of mouth. Which is how JK Rowling became famous!
Just something to ponder!
Have a lovely day everybody.
Til next time
Happy Reading
Valissa

No comments:

Post a Comment